POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? : Re: Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project???
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Sep 1998 10:46:00
Message: <36065898.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:54:52 +0200, Johannes Hubert <jhu### [at] algonetse> wrote:
>Ronald L. Parker wrote in message <36094ed0.227621016@news.povray.org>...
>>
>>Thanks.  Most people don't even notice that I was responsible for the
>>formation of povray.programming.
>
>So what??? Want a medal or what?

No, Johannes, I don't want a medal.  But I get sick of reading the same
stupid messages week after week in povray.general, especially the ones
that are crossposted willy-nilly to other inappropriate forums, and I get
really sick of seeing them come here, to a forum that heretofore has
stayed pretty much on topic.  Great as the Internet Movie Project is, it
has nothing to do with programming and nothing to do with the thread at
hand.  I tried to tell Ken that and he thinks I want to control the group.

This group is the only place on the net (other than #povray and maybe
DKB-L) where you can talk about programming for POV without being
overwhelmed by newbies asking how to save their images as .jpgs.
Unfortunately, we still get the questions asking how to rotate a cube
after you translate it, but most people seem to understand that writing
scripts isn't programming.  I, for one, would like to keep this group
dedicated to programming, so I do what I can to let people know when
they're off-topic.  Perhaps I'm a bit abrasive in that pursuit, but I
know I'm not as abrasive as some other people who post here.